This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
If there is one character in the Harry Potter series that I believe should get a bit more credit, it’s Lucius Malfoy.
Okay, yes. This may (or, may not) have been fuelled by my obsession over on DracoTok right now.
However, in my defense, even before DracoTok became a thing, I thought Lucius deserved more clout. Even just for his impeccable style and taste in clothes.
As I have been putting this on the back burner for a while. I’ve decided to compile a post of the very best Lucius Malfoy quotes from the Harry Potter series!
Yes, I know. He’s a Death Eater and a bad guy but, let’s admit it; he’s pretty much the worst Death Eater of all time. Plus, at the bitter end, he does redeem himself!
Who is Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter?
Lucius Malfoy is a British wizard, patriarch of the pure-blood Malfoy family, and father of Draco Malfoy.
Despite him having a very small part in the Potter series overall, he’s a character we all know came to know very well.
Although I wouldn’t go as far as saying we came to know and love him in the Harry Potter books and movies. Eventually, we did end up feeling pretty sorry for him.
This is because he became this broken shadow of a man from what he once was due to being one of the Dark Lord’s henchmen.
But, is he truly evil? I don’t believe so. Despite him being pretty mean and heartless, he’s just a bully. Like, Draco.
Lucius Malfoy on DracoTok
Lucius has recently made a bit of a comeback on TikTok right now due to Potterheads fuelling their obsession with Draco Malfoy.
If you weren’t aware, DracoTok is one of the biggest trends of 2020 that has amassed over 8 billion views. You can read more about that here.
There have been many mashup videos made about Lucius, his style his amortentia etc. Some videos, admittedly, are a lot more questionable than others…
In fact, the entire Malfoy family is currently being celebrated. So, you’ll find videos of Narcissa, Lucius, and Draco making the rounds.
Draco fans are also visiting Hardwick Hall which is the filming location of Malfoy Manor as well! (the feature photo for this article)
So, in honour of the Malfoy family…let’s get on with this quotes list.
Stern, wicked, pompous, and cold-hearted. Here are the absolute best Lucius Malfoy quotes from the Harry Potter series.
Lucius Malfoy quotes in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- “Now, now Draco. Play nicely”
- “Ah, Mr. Potter… Lucius Malfoy….We meet at last. Forgive me, your scar is legend. As, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you”
- “Mmm. You must be very brave to mention his name. Or very foolish!” (to Harry Potter about Voldemort)
- “And you must be…Miss Granger. Yes, Draco’s told me all about you…and your parents….Muggles, aren’t they?”
- “Let me see; red hair, vacant expressions, tatty second-hand books, you must be the Weasleys.”
- “Well, well, well…Weasley Senior….Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur. All those extra raids. I do hope they’re paying you overtime. But, judging by the state of this, I’d say not…” to Arthur Weasley.
- “What’s the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don’t even pay you well for it?”
- “Associating with Muggles…and I thought your family could sink no lower…I’ll see you at work”
- “Don’t touch anything Draco” in Borgin & Burkes, Diagon Alley. (deleted scene)
- “Believe me, I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your…you call this a house?” to Hagrid in his hut
- “Hm. No, I simply called at the school and was told the headmaster was here. The other governor’s and I have decided that it’s time for you to step aside…this is an order of suspension….you’ll find all twelve signatures on it. I’m afraid we feel you’ve rather… lost your touch” to Dumbledore.
- “What with all these attacks, there will be no Muggle borns left at Hogwarts. I could only imagine what an awful loss that would be for the school…”
- “Admirable sentiments…shall we? Fudge?” to Cornelius Fudge and Dumbledore.
- “I’ll deal with you later” To Dobby.
- “Out of my way, Potter!”
- “So, it’s true…you have returned” speaking to Dumbledore.
- “How dare you… my sole concern has always been and will always be the welfare of this school and, of course, its students”
- “The culprit has been identified…I presume?”
- “Well, let us hope that Mr. Potter will always be around to save the day”
- “Dumbledore. Come, Dobby! We’re leaving”
- “Mine? I don’t know what you’re talking about” to Harry Potter about Tom Riddle’s diary.
- “You do, do you? Why don’t you prove it?…Come Dobby”
- “You lost me my servant!”
- “Your parents were meddlesome fools too. Mark my words, Potter. One day soon, you are going to meet the same sticky end”.
Lucius Malfoy Quotes in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
25. “Well, put it this way. If it rains, you’ll be the first to know.” to Ron and Arthur Weasley at the Quidditch World Cup.
26. Draco: “Father and I are in the minister’s box. By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself.” Lucius: “Don’t boast, Draco. There’s no need with these people”
27. “Do enjoy yourself, won’t you? While you can.” to Harry Potter.
26. “My Lord, had I detected any sign… a whisper of your whereabouts…I assure you, my Lord, I have never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present since your… absence…” to Voldemort.
27. “That is my true mask.”
Lucius Malfoy Quotes in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
28. “You know you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams…and reality. You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see… Now, hand me the prophecy.” to Harry Potter.
29. “Let’s just everybody, calm down… shall we? All we want is that prophecy”
30. “He’s just a curious lad, aren’t you. Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made…which is lucky for you, really.”
30. “Haven’t you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord. Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant. Don’t you want to know the secret, of your scar. All of the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me, I can show you everything.”
31. “Did you actually believe, or are you truly naïve enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I’ll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.”
Lucius Malfoy Quotes in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
32. “If we are the ones to hand Potter to the Dark Lord, everything will be as it was, you understand?”
33. “Draco, look closely, son. If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, understand?”
34. “You dare to talk to me like that… IN MY OWN HOUSE!” to Scabior.
35. “My Lord… might it… be less, uh – might it not be more prudent to call off this attack and simply seek the boy yourself?” to Voldemort.
36. Lucius: “Draco… Draco.” Narcissa Malfoy: “Draco, come.”